- Click here to learn who your legislators are.
- Plus send the video to the budget negotiators:
- Suggested wording for email
Ref: Video: What's so hard to understand?
This 4 minute video begins with a 10 year old's plea to enact the Carbon Pollution Accountability Act. Support for this bill is both broad and deep in this state. I support the Racial Equity Team's Principles for Climate Justice. The Carbon Pollution Accountability Act is a good start toward the goal of (1) equity being at the center; (2) people of color and lower income communities receive net environmental and economic benefit; and (3) ensure accountability and transparency through public, accessible, and culturally appropriate participation and strong enforcement
I urge your support. I urge you to
- protect all Washingtonians from pollution and help to lower our very high rate of asthma which is one of the worst in the country;
- provide more fully for the education of all our children through the additional revenue;
- begin the process of modernizing our tax system and moving us from our shameful place at the top of the worst of the worst in distribution of the tax burden by including both the carbon pricing plan and the tax on capital gains in the budget.